Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Salted Crab

Salted Crab : ปูม้าเค็ม

     I made this crab for Som Tam (Thai young papaya spicy salad) If you can’t find pre-made salted crab in your market or you want a better taste, it’s nice to make your own ;-)

     I use Blue manna crab, Blue swimmer crab, Flower crab or whatever you call, I don’t know the exactly English word for this kind of crab but I google it and the result are those three words is the best describe ^___^ (compared by picture LOL) Anyway in Thailand also use another kind (which is tiny with black color you may find this in frozen zone  - I don’t know the name again LOL) to make salted crab for Som Tam

Time depend on how salty you like
more hours = more salty 

This is another kind ปูแสม

     If you too lazy to make this you can find black salted crab in Asian market, it cost your around 3-4$ per can.



Ingredients :
  • 500 g. Small Crab (about 70-100g. per crab)
  • 1/3 c. Fish Sauce
  • 1 tbs. Sugar


ส่วนผสม :
  • ปูม้าตัวเล็ก 500 กรัม (ประมาณตัวละ 70-100 กรัม)
  • น้ำปลา 1/3 ถ้วย
  • น้ำตาล 1 ช้อนโต๊ะ


Watch how to make Salted Crab


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you! I've been unable to find salted black crab, which I wanted to make Isan-style som tam. But I can get blue crab. Now I can make my own salted crab! Thanks so much.